Modified Existing Creatures
New Trait: Void Immunity. This creature is immune to the harmful effects of void exposure and can survive indefinitely. If they have a fly or swim speed, they are able to travel within the void.
Aboleth are solitary creatures, known for traveling the void seeking isolation. Aboleth in Spellwarp all gain the trait Void Immunity.
The Abyss is infinitely big. As such, there are connections from the Abyss to most spheres within the warp, and the demons we all know and love pour through them in much the same manner we are used to. The exact layers are different, and we may not see familiar faces like Baphomet, Dagon, Juiblex, Pazuzu and Zuggtmoy, but it just gives us an opportunity to explore some of the other layers and their demon lords. Like layer 2, the Drillers Hives and Tharzax the Chattering Prince with his insect’s of war, or layer 11, Molrat, the contested layer of eternal darkness where demons hunt one another by smell, Layer 193, Vulgarea, ruled by Eshebala the goddess of foxwomen, or layer 651, Nethuria, ruled by Vucarick the Consort of Chains.
Unlike the Abyss and demons, the 9 Hells are very distinct. There are nine of them. With that in mind, each of the nine layers is infinitely big, and probably touches most spheres just like the Abyss does. The major difference is that you will encounter the same 9 Devil Lords as you normally would in a traditional Forgotten Realms game.
Giants of the void are similar to their Torilborn peers, but drastically different in lifestyle and behavior, without the Ordning to help them fall into place.
- Hill giants are found in a variety of worlds, relatively unchanged. This has certainly caused confusion for the human Torilfolk who are said to look like diminutive hill giants.
- Stone giants gain the Void Immunity trait, but rarely leave their terrestrial homes because of the awkwardness of travel aboard a voidship for someone of their size for an extended duration.
- Frost giants gain the Void Immunity trait and a shift into chaotic alignment. Frost giants are daring, and foolhardy, seeking adventure wherever it can be found.
- Cloud giants gain the Void Immunity trait, and a fly speed of 40ft. This has allowed them to travel their spheres with relative impunity. Oftentimes, cloud giants were the first to colonize a moon or other planet, and sometimes even the ones who share the knowledge of void travel.
- Fire giants gain the Void Immunity trait and a shift into chaotic alignment. Fire giants are daring, and foolhardy, seeking adventure wherever it can be found in much the same way as frost giants.
- Storm giants gain the Void Immunity trait and a fly speed of 50ft. This has allowed them to travel their spheres with relative impunity. Oftentimes, cloud giants were the first to colonize a moon or other planet, and sometimes even the ones who share the knowledge of void travel. More importantly though, Storm giants are able to use Warp Gates allowing them to traverse the spheres as though they were voidships.
Without a moon, or with many moons lycanthropy becomes challenging. After constant exposure to the void, most lycanthropes are now able to shape shift at will. In the event a lycanthrope has never been off their home world, and thus not been exposed to the void, they change as normal.
All Mind Flayers in spellwarp use the Mind Flayer Arcanist stat block. The exception being for players who are playing as a Mind Flayer, they use the traditional one.
Undead in the Warp thrive. The cold vacuum of has minimal effect on them, and they often inhabit abandoned void stations, mining colonies, or drifting voidships. Without the sun to bother them, many undead have become powerful hunters in their own right. Crews of vampiric or wright pirates are all too common.
Warp dragons use the normal dragon stat blocks with the following changes.
|Type||Damage Resistance||Breath Weapon Damage||Other|
|Lunar||Radiant and Cold||Half Radiant, and Half Cold|
|Solar||Radiant and Fire||Half Radiant, and Half Fire|
|Void||Slashing and Cold||Half Slashing, and Half Cold|
|Artificial||Non-magic weapons||A storm of metal shrapnel, dealing slashing damage.||Immune to critical hits.|
|Phlogiston||Lightning and Acid||Half Lightning, and Half Acid|